Chemically resistant, strong, and durable material for continuous use up to 480°F
Why choose PEEK?
- Broad resistance
- Superior wear and abrasion resistance
- Very low moisture absorption
- Available in life science grades
What are some common PEEK applications?
- Wear rings
- Valve seats
Offering similar levels of chemical resistance and low moisture absorption to PPS, PEEK is also capable of continuous operation in conditions up to 480°F - without any permanent loss in physical properties. In addition to its ability to withstand extreme temperatures, PEEK is also unaffected by continuous exposure to hot water or steam. Some varieties of PEEK are pre-qualified biocompatible materials and are FDA approved, making them ideal options for life science applications.
At Controlled Fluidics, we use several types of PEEK, including:
- Unfilled PEEK plate up to 1’’ thick
- 30% glass fiber reinforced PEEK plate up to 2.5” thick
- 30% carbon fiber reinforced PEEK plate up to 1.25” thick
Does this sound like the right material for the job? Talk to our engineers and get your project started today.